Shop Online:

Millcraft Named to Crain’s Cleveland Business’s 2014 FAST 50 Class

 


Millcraft is proud to announce that we have been named to Crain’s Cleveland Business’s 2014 FAST 50 Class.  This award recognizes the 50 fastest-growing privately-held companies in Northeast Ohio for their entrepreneurial spirit, innovative business tactics and growth.

Commenting on the award, Millcraft President Travis Mlakar said, "There is no doubt in my mind that the spirit, business tactics and growth for which we are being recognized are fueled by our employees.  It is truly a testament to all that can be built and accomplished when great individuals are given an opportunity to work and grow together. This award is proof that, despite all the negative messaging about our “declining” industry, we have not been limited by it.  We have been able to find new opportunities, expand, diversify, gain market share, and continue to thrive."

The 2014 FAST 50 Class list will be published in the November 10th issue of Crain’s, but can be viewed in the meantime on Crain's website The awardees will be honored at a reception on November 5th in Cleveland.

 

 

INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PART OF OUR FAST GROWING MILLCRAFT TEAM?
Please click here to see the positions for which we are currently hiring and apply!

A Snapshot of PaperClips Issue No. 315, October 16, 2014

Arandell Printing, Patagonia Break Ground in Recycled Paper
New Source:  John Schmid, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, October 15, 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin area-based catalog printing company Arandell Corporation has recently taken its use of recycled paper on its presses to the extreme by committing to products containing only 100% post-consumer recycled fiber...


Blanks/USA Introduces New Appointment Cards with "Reminder" Stickers
Source:  Blanks/USA, October 15, 2014

Blanks/USA announces new, easy-to-print appointment cards developed to put an end to forgotten appointments. The cards come with a 1.5" x 1.5" pre-cut peel-out sticker for simple application to a calendar. Each 8.5" x 11" sheet features 8 punch-out, rounded corner, smooth-edged cards. They are perforated into the sheet for clean removal, and require no extra cutting. Users with copier, laser, inkjet and offset printers can print their own cards without outsourcing...


Print Outsells eBooks in First Half of 2014
Source:  Claire Fallon, The Huffington Post/Two Sides, October 12, 2014 

According to Nielsen Books & Consumer's survey, ebooks constituted only 23% of unit sales for the first six months of the year, while hardcovers made up 25% and paperback 42%of sales. So not only did overall print book sales, at 67% of the market, outpace ebook sales, both hardcovers and paperbacks individually outsold ebooks...


WWF Accused of Being Used for Greenwashing
Source:  PEFC/The Guardian, October 10, 2014

WWF International, the world's largest conservation group, has been accused of "selling its soul" by forging alliances with powerful businesses which destroy nature and use the WWF brand to "greenwash" their operations, according to “PandaLeaks – The Dark Side of the WWF”, the controversial book by award-winning German journalist and filmmaker Wilfried Huismann...

Click Here to Read the Complete Newsletter
Subscribe to Paper Clips Newsletter!
Would you like to receive Millcraft's weekly Paper Clips newsletter, with all the latest information in the world of paper, by email?